- low wages,
- the absence of a rational wage structure,
- the low value accorded to educational attainment,
- pervasive economic insecurity and
- extensive reliance on public income supports resulting from unlivable wages
You can download the full report or executive summary on the Center for the Study of Child Care Employment website.
One of the four For Our Babies campaign pillars is High Quality Infant/Toddler care:
- Child care regulations that ensure that care is provided in safe, engaging, and intimate settings.
- Training, compensation, and professional stature for infant and toddler teachers at the same level as K-12 teachers.
- Childcare subsidies for all families
Sign our pledge to help us create a loud cry on behalf of babies and those who care for them!