It’s that time of year again! Across the country, children are heading back to school and families are preparing to make sure their children have what they need to be ready to learn. But as early childhood professionals, we know that preparing children for success in school and life happens long before the first day of class. That’s why we want to use this time to remind Congress that learning happens from the start, and so should our investments in children.
On Wednesday, September 10th, join ZERO TO THREE and the Strong Start Coalition for a social media day of action to do just that! All day Wednesday (but particularly between 2:00-3:00 pm EST), individuals and organizations will be sending tweets, emphasizing the importance of investing in early learning opportunities for young children.
You can take part with four easy steps:
2. Take a picture of yourself, your colleagues, or a child holding up one of the signs. Click here for an example!
Sample tweets (Remember to attach your photo!):
- Learning happens from the start and so should our investments in children! #InvestinKids #Rally4Babies @YourSenator/ YourRepresentative
- Children start learning on day one. That’s when we need to #InvestinKids! #Rally4Babies @YourSenator/ YourRepresentative
- Children start learning when they’re IN the backpack, not WEARING a backpack. #InvestinKids! #Rally4Babies @YourSenator/ YourRepresentative
4. Spread the word! Forward this email and encourage your colleagues to take part. You can also share these ZERO TO THREE graphics on Facebook and Twitter to let your networks know the importance of expanding access to early learning.
- The School-Ready Child Infographic
- Learning Happens from the Start Graphic
- Brain Connections Graphic
- Word Gap by Age 3 Graphic
Don’t have a Twitter account? You can still participate!
1. Log on to your Facebook account and post your photos on September 10th.